Recipe of the Week: Shrimp Scampi Spaghetti Squash

So, it's the new year and eating healthy is what's on everyone's agenda. I wanted to start incorporating some healthy meals in with the plethora of unhealthy meals I eat. One of the healthy meals I enjoyed over the summer in 2016 was Spaghetti Squash. Spaghetti Squash can be used as a substitute for pasta and that's exactly what I used it for. Once you put the seasonings and sauce on it, you can't really tell you're eating squash instead of spaghetti.


It's actually really easy to cook a spaghetti squash. You'll find a plethora of different recipes online for different variations of how to make a squash. Some tell you to cut the squash in half before putting it in the oven but the squash is so difficult to cut. If you don't have a very, very, very sharp knife to do it, you're going to have a hard time. In my opinion, the best way to cook the squash is by poking holes in the shell of the squash with a fork. Be sure to poke the holes around the whole squash. Then you roast it in the oven for about 45 minutes at 375 degrees. After 45 minutes, take the squash out and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Once the squash has cooled a bit, cut the top and bottom ends of the squash off. Next, cut the squash in half, from top to bottom. It should look like this: 



Next you'll take the seeds out. Once you have the seeds out, use a fork and scrape it from side to side. The squash innings will begin to look like noodles. Put them in a bowl or pan. Depending on how you want to prepare your squash. 

I melted a stick of butter in a pan, sauteed onions and garlic in the pan. I then added shrimp into the butter and sauteed until the shrimp was pink. After that I put my squash noodles into the pan and mixed it together. Put it in a bowl and sprinkle some parmesan cheese on it and you've got yourself a delicious meal. I don't have a picture of my finished product because I made it earlier this week and forgot to take pictures. Comment below if you have any questions! Enjoy! 


Share this:

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

Let us know what you think! Thanks for visiting! :)